Hatton House School (latterly Newark Working Men’s Club), Beacon Hill Road

 

Hatton House School - Staff and pupils - in 1885
 
Hatton House School – Staff and pupils – in 1885

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Hatton House is named after the Finch-Hatton family, Earls of Winchilsea & Nottingham.

Crest of Hatton House School, as embossed onto a leather bound book from the school (now preserved at Newark public library)

Crest of Hatton House School, as embossed onto a leather bound book from the school (now preserved at Newark public library)

The 1892 trade directory for Newark lists Hatton House as a boys’ boarding school, with Headmaster Rev. Thomas Cranmer.